Levy Employment Law, LLC offers integrated solutions and stand-alone services, tailored to meet your business needs in four key areas:
TROUBLESHOOT and resolve workplace concerns; conduct investigations and recommend solutions.
DESIGN employment documentation; liaise with logistics and control functions to develop/ improve processes.
TRAIN on appropriate workplace conduct, employment law compliance and HR best practices.
DEFEND employers facing administrative charges.
Troubleshoot/Resolve Workplace Concerns
- We are regularly called upon to serve as independent, outside investigators and fact-finders, conducting workplace investigations in response to internal employee complaints.
- We advise employers on performance management, worker classification, medical/religious accommodation, hiring, promotion, termination, reductions-in-force and other workplace issues.
- We advise both employers and individual employees with regard to employment agreements and separation from employment.
Design/Build HR Policies with Supporting Systems
- Where many see tedious legalese, we see opportunity. Since the firm’s founding, we have been publishing a quarterly newsletter, Takeaways, to inform employers of concrete actions they need to take in response to developments in the law. We regularly work with organizations on developing and updating their employment policies and crafting agreements that provide appropriate notice to staff but in a user-friendly tone.
Develop/Deliver Training for HR Professionals, Line Managers and Employees
- Through our affiliate entity, Impact Workplace Training, LLC, our team develops and delivers training for managers, HR professionals and individual employees on harassment prevention and other appropriate workplace conduct, employment law compliance and HR best practices.
- We approach harassment prevention training through a broad lens, centered around respectful workplace behavior and bystander intervention — the two areas of training that the EEOC cited in its 2016 Select Task Force on the Study of Harassment in the Workplace Report “as showing significant promise for preventing harassment in the workplace.” Our training has been approved by both the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York City Commission on Human Rights as compliant with consent decrees our clients had negotiated with those agencies.
- Tracey, Shelley and Gayle have all worked for years with Cornell University ILR School’s Scheinman Institute in Manhattan. Through the Cornell program, they have trained HR professionals and managers in a broad range of industries on subjects including equal employment opportunity laws, harassment prevention, employee relations and conducting effective workplace investigations.
Defend Administrative Charges
- We defend businesses against discrimination, wage and hour and unemployment claims before government agencies. If the matter proceeds to litigation, we work with organizations to ensure a smooth transition to litigation counsel.