Quarterly News Alert, Serving Employers in NY, NJ and CT
Capturing the latest pandemic-related employer requirements, as well as new paid sick leave, federal guidance on accommodations, mandates for federal contractors, and court decisions striking recent U.S. DOL regulations and enforcing NJ arbitration agreements.
Landmark Supreme Court decision on sex discrimination; composite of latest employer-related pandemic guidance from DOL, OSHA, CDC and EEOC; plus new regulatory requirements at the state and local levels and new Suffolk County ban the box law.
Spring 2020 issue covers:
• Changes to NYS paid leave laws;
• NJ’s continued expansion of employee protections;
• Recent high court decisions on worker classification, legal standards for discrimination claims, and accommodation for medical marijuana usage;
• Special COVID-19 Compendium for Employers
Winter 2020 issue covers:
• Major changes to New Jersey laws on worker classification, wage payment and employee rights;
• Expanding employee protections in New York;
• Loosening of some federal law mandates and imposition of others;
• Plus more at the local, state and federal levels
The expansion of discrimination law protections continues across the tri-state to cover even more employers, and further include protections for appearance standards, immigrants, victims of domestic violence and civil air patrol members. In addition, there are wage law changes at the federal level and for New Jersey employers, plus this issue covers key court and NLRB decisions impacting even non-unionized employers.